There are several products available in the market that will aid in keeping your teeth and gums healthy. These include natural, herbal and chemical products. While chemical products do solve problems, the natural route helped our ancestors live a healthier life. In fact, eating right solves most health disorders. Here are a few foods that you can munch on for a healthy smile.
- A bulb to make teeth glow – Onion is a crop that grows anytime of the year, and has a longer shelf life. You could grow it in your own kitchen garden. They have sulfur-based antimicrobials that protect your teeth. Just remember to carry some mint anytime you plan to order some onions with your salad.
- Drinking right – Plants are filled with metabolites that strengthen the immune system.. Herbal teas infused with the goodness of plant essence are known for their alleviating effects on human health. It has been scientifically proven that green tea has certain flavoring compounds called Catechins which control inflammation and boost general immunity. Tea infusions made of mint, sweet lemon, ginger, chamomile, etc., have a cleansing effect on the palate, relieve the sinuses, and are soothe the throat.
- Fungi are Fun Guys – Many antimicrobial compounds are now being sourced from fungi, especially mushrooms. Shiitake mushrooms are with active hexose correlated compounds or AHCC sugars are especially tasty and healthy as these sugars are antimicrobial.
- Crunchy Munchy – Strength of your teeth depends on the strength of your gums. Good gums need several micronutrients which are generally not present in the normal diet. Nuts are a great source of nutrients and provide enough exercise to your teeth and gums. Almonds are rich in Vitamin D that helps with absorption of calcium that is one of the chief constituents of teeth. Eat nuts to escape chipping!
- No Acids – Sugary or carbonated drinks have a low pH that essentially means they are acidic in nature. Alcohol and caffeinated drinks also fall under this category. Acids can erode the calcium rich enamel that gives all the strength and support to the teeth. Drink up fresh juices, herbal teas, tea infusions and lots of water for teeth that can charm the world!